The purpose of this assignment is to complete critical reflective blogs for four OB topics covered in the subject. The aim of this assignment is to enable you to highlight thoughts on each topic as well as demonstrate your understanding of the topics covered in this subject.
In this assessment, you have to reflect on four OB topics of your choice. You can choose from the following topics:
- Topic 4: Getting the right people
- Topic 5: Work and job performance and conditions
- Topic 6: Assessing, influencing and rewarding performance
- Topic 7: Grouping individuals and behaviour; Organisational change; Organisational culture
- Topic 8: Organisational processes and behavior
- Topic 9: Leadership
- Topic 10: Organisational justice and employee well being
A starting question for your reflection should be: What is the applicability and relevance of OB theory/model/concepts covered in the specific OB topic for me as a practitioner in my workplace? Discrepancies between the theory and practice should be explored, and implications for your workplace identified.
For students who may not have work experience, you may use newspapers or academic journal articles that discuss an OB trend/issue in an existing Australian or international organisation. Alternatively, you can do your own research on anfo organisation of your choice, and focus your reflection on the imagined influence this organisational context (in relation to the specific OB topic) would have on you.
The structure of the reflection blogs should follow the following four steps in order to enhance the analytical aspect of the reflection process and to ensure the benefits of this assignment for you and your development in the organisation:
- Reflect on a workplace experience that is meaningful and important to you and your growth in the organisation (reflection should draw on your personal observations, experiences, assumptions and emotions).
- Analyse the chosen situation by applying relevant OB concepts/theories/models from the relevant Topic.
- Develop a strategy for managing own or other employee(s) behaviour with the purpose of addressing the workplace situation.
- Explain what you have learned about the relevant OB topic/yourself/others in the workplace as a result of this reflection exercise.
Each reflection needs to be based on three recent scholarly articles. As this is a reflection where you are using your own experiences and views, your blogs should be written in first person.
A quality reflection shows deep critical analysis of workplace experiences through the application of OB theories/models/ concepts. It provides deep insights into the practitioner’s own practice.
This is an opportunity to express your voice on workplace trends that are important to you.
SUBJECT LEARNING OUTCOMES
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
- be able to critically examine assumptions and propositions of theorizing about organisational behavior in general.
- be able to evaluate current organisation practice and to develop strategies that may assist in the understanding and management of employee behavior.
The purpose of this assignment is to complete a critical reflective journal for four OB topics essay covered in the subject. The aim of this assignment is to enable you to highlight thoughts on each topic as well as demonstrate your understanding of the topics covered in this subject.