You are working for AIBT which is an educational institute. Your role is trainee IT administrator. You identified that the students in AIBT are using local file folders for storage of their data. They lose data when IT administrators perform routine clean-up tasks. Usually this maintenance is done every once a month to clean and maintain the PCs in the IT labs.
You know that AIBT has provided Office 365 based solution to all students, that includes OneDrive which is a cloud based storage solution.
You proposed to the IT administrator that if students move their data to OneDrive:
1. they will not be required to store it locally and hence IT will have less work during monthly maintenance
2. Students will not be losing their data in case they do not get a backup before maintenance
3. Students will be able to efficiently use the services they have been provided
The IT administrator has asked you to develop a change plan to help students move their data to the One Drive. You are to take your Trainer as the major stakeholder and change approver. IT course coordinator is in charge IT administrator. Together they are the CAB (change advisory board) team.
You are required to:
1. Identify why you want to implement ICT change management in this scenario? What will be its benefits?
Hint: Have a look at ITIL (information technology infrastructure library) change management process and its benefits for the ICT organizations.
2. Understand the importance of change management, explain how it will help AIBT and its students. Moving from generic to specific case scenario, how this company can take advantage of change management practices, what are your recommendations for them to adopt as best practices.
3. Develop Change request, for the CAB (Change advisory board). Apply the guidelines provided to you. Focus on:
• Implementation Plan
• Risk Analysis
• Communication Plan
• Blackout Plan
4. Define change management roles & responsibilities for your change.
5. Give a version number to your change for future references and subsequent changes in your implementation
6. Measure change management KPI (to assess if the objectives of change are achieved after implementation)
7. Implement your change and record evidence of change implementation. Present this evidence to your trainer. It should include:
• Planned and Actual start date and time
• Planned and actual finish date and time
• Implementation evidence
• Test Results
• Was a blackout carried out? If so, result of back out activities.
• Evidence of measure/tests done against the change KPI to verify that change has achieved its objectives
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.