You are required to produce a report that analyses the financial performance of your allocated company over a four-year period. All of the Annual Reports contain at least two years financial accounts so that by combining the data in the two sets of accounts provided, you will be able to analyse a total of four years. Your report must include appropriate visualisations of the financial data.
The report must be 3,500 words (+/- 10%) excluding appendices.
As a minimum, two submissions are required:
1. A report on the financial position of your allocated company.
2. A supporting document containing the data analysed, the analysis undertaken, and any interpretation (including graphics). 100 Marks
a. You are not required to calculate all of the financial ratios that are covered in this module, however you must include the ratios from each of the ratio type headings contained in the “Analysing Accounts Template” spreadsheet provided during class:
– Liquidity and Solvency (including Gearing)
b. With the exception of share price, all figures produced must be sourced from the Financial Statements contained within the Annual Reports provided.
Historic Share prices can be found at https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/
– The Search Box at the top of the page will allow you to enter the appropriate ticker symbol for your assigned company
(see item in brackets beside the company name above) and search for information.
– Find the “Historical Data” tab, which is just under the current share price and you will find the daily closing prices
listed towards the right-hand-side of the table. You should use the adjusted closing price (Adj. close**)
– You can change the time period and search for specific dates in the dropdown.
Note: All London Stock Exchange prices are quoted in pence (penny). There are 100 pence (p) in a UK pound (£).
c. You should use the following tool to undertake the analysis:
– Microsoft Excel
Save the final analysis in “.xls” or “.xlsx” format before submission.
Submit your Excel workings and report. The report must be in either MS Word or PDF format.
Marking Assessment Criteria:
1. Content – description and discussion of issues and material, the logical development of the discussion and the awareness and discussion of alternative arguments or viewpoints (50%)
2. Knowledge and Understanding – knowledge and depth of understanding of principles and concepts (35%)
3. Evidence of Reading – evidence of reading a range of appropriate supplementary sources and the use made of the readings (5%)
4. Referencing and Bibliography (5%)
5. Presentation, Logical Structure and Grammar (5%)
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.