Candidates must clearly label their ID Numbers on report
Summative Assignment Task:
This summative assessment represents 100% of grade for PM205 module. All work is based on group work. 20% Presentation – 80% report,
All learning outcomes will be covered.
As a team (of 3 or 4) you have been asked to develop a Marketing Plan for Victoria and Albert Museum, Please take into consideration the following points:
– This plan must be based on the information provided in this assignment should also use other relevant sources of information, such as: business reports, books, websites, magazines and newspapers, among other academic sources.
– Teams must use specific academic concepts (such as segmentation criteria, marketing mix, positioning, etc.) in the assignment when appropriate. The use of references throughout the assignment is highly recommended.
– The use of theoretical frameworks (such as: SWOT analysis, Michael Porter’s five forces, etc.) must be applied in a practical way to Victoria and Albert Museum’s situation analysis.
– This assignment must be divided into sections and within each section the use of numbered headings and subheadings is recommended. This assignment will be composed of a group presentation, which will be delivered firstly and a group report which will be submitted secondly.
Presentation (Marketing communications): Group 20%
This is a group presentation, all members must present (max. 15 minutes) and should include as a minimum:
– External Analysis of the market (Macro and Micro) and Internal Analysis regarding Victoria and Albert Museum
– Identifying key issues this organisation needs to address in developing its marketing activity
A single mark for the presentation will be awarded to the Group.
Please note that this is a business presentation, and students should ensure the presentation is appropriate to be viewed by the client. It is recommended that you review your PowerPoint Presentation before you present. Students will not be allowed to walk in the class once they presentations have started; therefore it is strongly recommended that you get there on time.
Marketing Plan (80% Group submission)
Your marketing plan should include:
a) Summary situation analysis based on presentation as context for the rest of the report
b) Objectives set for Victoria and Albert Museum
c) Identification of Segmentation, key target audiences and brand positioning for Victoria and Albert Museum
d) Marketing Mix (7 Ps) for Victoria and Albert Museum
The report should be no more than 3,000 words (+10%). Use of appendices to detail the analysis is recommended and summarised within the report itself. The appendices are excluded from the word count.
Victoria and Albert Museum’s website: http://www.vam.ac.uk
Description of Victoria and Albert Museum
(Source: http://www.vam.ac.uk accessed on 14/04/2016)
Important note: Other sources of information regarding this company can be used in the development of the report.
The V&A is the world’s leading museum of art and design, housing a permanent collection of over 4.5 million objects that span over 5,000 years of human creativity. The Museum holds many of the UK’s national collections and houses some of the greatest resources for the study of architecture, furniture, fashion, textiles, photography, sculpture, painting, jewellery, glass, ceramics, book arts, Asian art and design, theatre and performance.
The V&A was originally established in 1852, following the enormous success of the Great Exhibition the previous year. Its founding principle was to make works of art available to all, to educate working people and to inspire British designers and manufacturers. Since its foundation, the Museum and its collections have continued to grow into one of the world’s greatest resources of art and design, housed in one of the finest groups of Victorian buildings in Britain.
The V&A is a non-departmental public body of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, and a charity exempt from registration under the Charities Act of 2011. It is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Prime Minister. The Director of the Museum is Martin Roth, who leads the Senior Management Team.
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.