NURS 3003 Dynamics of Practice
Assessment 3. Case study essay (50%) – Guidelines
Please refer to the three patient case studies (A, B and C) provided on FLO for this assessment.
If your surname begins with A – M Please use case B as a basis for this assessment
If your surname begins with N -Z Please use case A as a basis for this assessment.
While each case study is not fully comprehensive, you are to use information provided in the case study ONLY, do not include additional information. You may however make some assumptions based on the information provided in the case studies. .
Provide a 3,000 word essay that includes:
• an introduction in which you introduce your case study patient and provide context for what is to follow in the essay.
• Illustrate what you understand by the terms chronic and complex needs?.
• Do you believe that your case study patient has complex care needs? If so, why?
• identify in order of priority, three (3) specific needs for your patient.
• Provide a rationale as to why you have prioritised these needs
• For each of these needs, provide a detailed account of how they will best be met (in the patients home). This will include information about how these needs will be met and the multidisciplinary team members required, their role and a justification as to why they will be beneficial in assisting the persons care and avoiding hospitalisation.
• demonstrate the role of the registered nurse in assisting the patient to access services.
• Identify two potential barriers to this care, this may include issues such as social capital, ageism, cultural and social processes if applicable.
• Consider any issues related to the patient’s medication needs. (actual or potential)
• Provide a conclusion that sums up the main points in your essay.
This is a lengthy assessment and will require a lot of planning to ensure that you cover the asked for elements. In planning your essay, please refer to the marking rubric. You are encouraged to use sub-headings throughout to assist the reader and focus your discussion.
You are to assume that the patient is returning to home (in the first instance) following their recent hospitalisation.
It is expected that you include a variety of reference sources including government reports, credible government sites where appropriate and at least four (4) evidence based peer reviewed journal articles as well as any others you choose to include.
You are expected to provide references that comply with the required APA 6th Edition referencing style.
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.