ITM 315 Spring Assignment 3 16 points possible
Due Wednesday, March 7, 4pm Please submit the deliverable below via blackboard by the above due date/time.
1. Word document with grade sheet followed by Part 1 ERD and the Part 2 relational schema. Please name this file lastnameITM315HMWK3 (fullerITM315HMWK3)
Part 1: Draw the ERD for the following situation. 8 pts
Be sure to:
· Convert all many-to-many relationships to associative entities.
· Make sure each regular entity has an appropriate identifier.
· Make sure attribute names are unique within the ERD.
Wally Los Gatos, owner of Wally’s wonderful World of Wallcoverings, has hired you as a consultant to design a database management system for his chain of three stores that sell wallpaper and accessories. After an initial meeting with Wally, you have developed a list of business rules and specifications to begin the design of an E-R model.
· Customers place orders through a branch. Each customer may order from multiple branches. Each branch receives orders from many customers.
· The following information needs to be recorded each time a customer orders from a branch: Order date and Credit Authorization status.
· Wally would like to track the following about customers: Name, Address, Telephone, and Date of Birth.
· The following information about each branch needs to be recorded: Branch Number and square footage.
· Wally has many employees. He would like to track the following information about employees: Name, date of hire, title, salary, and age.
· Each employee works in one and only one branch. Each branch has multiple employees.
· Each branch is managed by an employee. Not all employees manage branches and no one manages more than one branch.
Part 2: Transform the diagram below into a relational schema that shows referential integrity constraints. Paste your schema in your word document below the part 1 ERD. 8 pts
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.