In this journal, you’ll apply what you’ve learned about Wikipedia to analyze the credibility of a Wikipedia article of your choice.
Directions for Initial Post:
After you’ve watched the assigned videos on using Wikipedia, open up the Wikipedia page for a living, public figure of your choice. For example, you may want to look at the page on Barack Obama or Donald Trump.
Spend some time reviewing the article, particularly the elements discussed in the video. When you’re done, write two or three paragraphs responding to the below questions:
• How protected is the article from editing? (Hint: look for the “lock” icon in the top, left corner.)
• How well sourced is the article? In other words, does the article indicate the original sources of information? What types of sources do the writers reference? (Sources are listed in the “notes” section at the bottom of the page.)
• Are there any warnings at the top of the page that suggest the information may be biased or unsupported?
• Take a look at the “talk” page for the article, which is where users and editors discuss potential improvements to the article.(The tab for this page is located in the top, left corner, next to the tab for the article.) Based on this page, what kind of changes have the editors recently considered?
• Based on your responses to the above questions, do you think this article would be a useful starting point for a research project? Why or why not?
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.