In this assignment you are required to read and understand the 9-page paper, “Driver performance while text messaging using handheld and in-vehicle systems” (Owens et al., 2011). Additionally, you are required to read the paper by Hajli (2014). There is also a tutorial paper on structural equation modeling (Lowry & Gaskin, 2014) that should help your understanding of the rationale behind the modeling and analysis used in the paper by Hajli (2014).
The purpose of this assignment is to deepen your understanding of concepts of research ques- tion, literature review, research design, statistical analysis, and other concepts appearing in research methodology.
The following questions are based on the three papers.
1. Identify the main research question addressed by Owens et al. (2011). This should be expressed in a paragraph of about 7 sentences.
2. Based on the the paper (Owens et al., 2011), what are the main approaches other researchers have previously used to address similar research questions?
3. What approach is being proposed by Owens et al. (2011)? Why are the previ- ous approaches different from what is being proposed in this paper? Specifically identify the problem faced by previous approaches.
4. (Owens et al. (2011) have used a factorial design in their study. Justify their choice. How else could they have constructed the study and what will be the potential benefit or otherwise of the approach you have suggested?
5. Factorial design entails a decision on the factors to be considered (i.e. inde- pendent variables). In this study (Owens et al., 2011), what are the factors? What are the various conceptual questions the choice of these factors allow the researchers to answer? Ex- plain each of your conceptual questions and how it relates to the main research question. Draw a diagram/table showing the factorial design along with the factors.
6. In the paper by Hajli (2014), the impact of social media on consumers is stud- ied. What is the research question? How were the concepts operationalzed? What are the hypotheses? Using the knowledge you gained from reading the first seven (7) pages of the tu- torial paper by Lowry & Gaskin (2014), what is the rationale behind the choice of the research design adopted by Hajli (2014) in contrast to that used by Owens et al. (2011)? Explain why Owens et al. (2011) did not use PLS in modeling the research question addressed in thier paper.
Hajli, M. N. (2014). A study of the impact of social media on consumers. International Journal of Marketing, 56 (3), 387 – 404.
Lowry, P. B., & Gaskin, J. (2014). Partial Least Squares (PLS) Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) for Building and Testing Behavioral Causal Theory: When to Choose It and How to Use It. IEEE Transactions of Professional Communication, 57 (2), 123 – 146.
Owens, J. M., McLaughlin, S. B., & Sudweeks, J. (2011). Driver performance while text messaging using handheld and in-vehicle systems. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 43 (2011), 939 – 947.
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.