Module Title: HR Strategy and Professional Practice
Module Code: GHL6015
Assessment Method: Assignment
Module Credits: 20
Due Date: 24-Nov-2020, 12:00 PM
Word Count: 2,000
Examiner: Dr. Gina G. Jocson
Gulf College – Faculty of Business and Management Studies – In academic
Affiliation with CARDIFF SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
A. Written work
A signed declaration that the work is your own (apart from otherwise referenced acknowledgements) must be included after the reference page of your assignment
Each page must be numbered.
Where appropriate, a contents page, a list of tables/figures and a list of abbreviations should precede your work.
All referencing must adhere to School/Institutional requirements.
A word count must be stated at the end of your work.
Appendices should be kept to the minimum and be of direct relevance to the content of your work.
All tables and figures must be correctly numbered and labelled.
B. Other types of coursework/assignments
Where coursework involves oral presentations, discussions, poster presentations, etc., specific instructions will be provided by your module leader/team.
Rewrite below part just after the References of your assignment.
I, Name of Student, hereby declare that the uploaded Assignment through Turnit-in is my own work. I affirm that this has been researched and completed in accordance with the college rules and regulations on plagiarism.
I acknowledge the advice given by the module tutors on proper referencing to avoid plagiarism and the rules on the academic unfair practice.
I acknowledge that I read and understand the plagiarism guide written at the end of this assessment. Any academic misconduct will be handled according to the rules and regulations of the university.
Name of Student
ID Number: _____________________ Signature: ___________________
This Assignment will be submitted online through Turnit-in on or before due date. The digital acknowledgement receipt will serve as the proof of your submission. This is your receipt, keep it.
The only circumstance in which this coursework can be submitted late is if a Mitigating Circumstances (MC) form is submitted at the same time. In these circumstances work may be submitted within five (5) working days. Make sure to secure MC form and submit the same to the concerned staff.
Write the number of words used, excluding references, at the end of your assignment. Provide the list of sources you used at the last part of your paper with proper label ‘References’. You may include diagrams, figures etc. without word penalty. The number of words will be + or – 10% of the total words allowed.
A work declaration must be included just after the reference page of your assignment. This ensures that you prepare your work in good faith. Any form of collusion and/or academic unfair practice will be dealt with according to the pertinent rules and regulations of the partner university. Please read carefully the plagiarism guide.
This Assignment comprises 50% of the total assessments marks. These will develop the following skills:
• Communication skills. The assignment is an excellent alternative medium for developing written communication skills which are needed in the workplace.
• Analytical skills. The assignment enables the students to analyse the human resource strategies in a company. This skill will help them improve their knowledge on how to apply the human resource strategy skills in the workplace.
• Creativity skills. The assignment will enhance the creativity of the students to transform and connect their ideas into reality. Students will present something new and think outside the box.
In addition, the assessment will test the following learning outcomes:
• Critically evaluate key concepts and models of HR strategy and the influence of the wider environmental context in policy formulation.
• Explain and evaluate the inter-relationship between and integration of organisational and HR strategy.
• Assess the relationship between organisational performance and HR practice and apply this analysis to identifying appropriate change management strategies within a case study organisation.
This is an appraisal of student’s acquired knowledge from the theories and practices in Strategic Human Resource Management. Select one of the companies, operating in Oman that is categorised in whichever of the following industries: Education, Hospital/Healthcare, Food and Beverage, Hypermarkets, Tourism/Hospitality, Oil and Gas as well as Engineering/Construction that are (National or Internationally Affiliated) and investigate the organisation’s Strategic HR Forecasting and Planning.
This assignment will be submitted to Turnit-in for originality report. The focus and contents of the assignment are based on the following information:
1. Introduction (150 words)
Should include the following:
a. Company Background which includes: Name of the Company; Location, Nature of Company; Services/Products offered; the company’s HR management remarkable achievements.
b. Objectives of the assignment which are specified in the assessment paper.
2. Critical Description and Analyses of: (600 words)
a. Relevant theory or concept of HR forecasting and planning
b. The company’s Strategic HR Forecasting and Planning
c. Leaders’ roles in company’s Strategic HR Forecasting and Planning
3. Critical evaluation of: (600 words)
a. Implications to the company and to the employees engaging Strategic HR Forecasting and Planning
b. Limitations of the company’s HR Planning
c. Practical examples of the company’s Planning Failure
4. Proposal of Innovative Forecasting and Planning for the company’s Strategic HR Future Planning Development (Note: in Tabular Format) supported with textual explanation. (500 words)
Should have a Tabular Structure containing the following columns:
a. Areas of Planning that need Improvements (must have bases – refer to item No. 3);
c. Specific actions to be taken with timeline;
d. Entity or Person/s Involved; and
e. Expected Outcomes
5. Conclusion: Summary of key terms that are consistent to the purposes of the assignment (150 words)
Important Notations for Referencing:
In referencing carefully observe the following:
a. To validate the written arguments or the borrowed information primary and secondary ‘in-text’ citations should be indicated.
b. Sources of information that support the ‘in- citations’ (books, journals, articles, handbooks, publications, news releases, websites and etc.)
c. Use and apply Harvard Referencing System
***END OF ASSIGNMENT TASK***
Guidelines in Preparing the Assignment
• The assignment should use Calibri 12 with double spacing in-between lines. All the lines must be justified or aligned in both sides
• In the cover page of this assignment, write the Gulf College logo at the upper right and Cardiff Met logo at the upper left. The title “Strategic HR Forecasting and Planning of (Name of Company)” should be at the topmost center of the assignment with student’s name and ID number at the lower part of the assignment.
• The assignment should be in a portrait format.
• The clarity of texts can be improved by using increased and even line spacing.
• Italics, underlining and CAPITALS are used to highlight a particular text and the headings and subheadings
• Margins should be set at 1-inch on all sides.
• Use the recommended application: Microsoft word
GHL6015 – HR Strategy and Professional Practice
AY: 2020-2021 / Semester 1
Criteria Description Number of Words Marks Allocated (%)
Title: Strategic HR Forecasting and Planning of (Name of Company)
1. Introduction • Brief Company Background
• Objectives of the Assignment 150
2. Critical Description and Analyses Should include the following:
• Relevant theory or concept of HR forecasting and planning
• The company’s Strategic HR Forecasting and Planning
• Leaders’ roles in company’s Strategic HR Forecasting and Planning 600
3. Critical Evaluation Specifically covers the following:
• Implications of engaging Strategic HR Forecasting and Planning
• Limitations of the company’s HR Planning
• Practical examples of the company’s Planning Failure 600
4. Proposal of Innovative Forecasting and Planning Should be based on the:
• Company’s Strategic HR Future Planning Development (Note: in Tabular Format) supported with textual explanation.
Tabular Format to follow:
o Areas of Planning that need Improvements (must have bases – refer to item No. 3);
o Specific actions to be taken with timeline;
o Entity or Person/s Involved; and
o Expected Outcomes 500
5. Conclusion • Summary of key terms; should link with the purposes of the assignment. 150
6. Content Accuracy • Items presented are related to HR strategy
• Highlighted the key issues/contribution
• Use of precise language
• Accurate structure, format and contents
• Validated arguments through indicated primary and secondary ‘in-text’ citations.
Total 100 marks
It is important to acknowledge all sources of information through ‘in-text’ citations that are consistent to the list of references to be indicated at the last page of assignment. In preparing a reference list, use varied sources of information following the Harvard referencing system with not less than eight (8) sources.
1. Plagiarism, which can be defined as using without acknowledgement another person’s words or ideas and submitting them for assessment as though it were one’s own work, for instance by copying, translating from one language to another or unacknowledged paraphrasing. Further examples of plagiarism are given below:
Use of any quotation(s) from the published or unpublished work of other persons, whether published in textbooks, articles, the Web, or in any other format, which quotations have not been clearly identified as such by being placed in quotation marks and acknowledged.
Use of another person’s words or ideas that have been slightly changed or paraphrased to make it look different from the original.
Summarising another person’s ideas, judgments, diagrams, figures, or computer programmes without reference to that person in the text and the source in a bibliography or reference list.
Use of services of essay banks and/or any other agencies.
Use of unacknowledged material downloaded from the Internet.
Re-use of one’s own material except as authorised by the department.
2. Collusion, which can be defined as when work that has been undertaken by or with others is submitted and passed off as solely as the work of one person. This also applies where the work of one candidate is submitted in the name of another. Where this is done with the knowledge of the originator both parties can be considered to be at fault.
3. Fabrication of data, making false claims to have carried out experiments, observations, interviews or other forms of data collection and analysis, or acting dishonestly in any other way.
Plagiarism Detection Software (PDS)
As part of its commitment to quality and the maintenance of academic standards, the University reserves the right to use Plagiarism Detection Software (PDS), including Turnitin. Such software makes no judgment as to whether a piece of work has been plagiarised; it simply highlights sections of text that have been found in other sources.
The use of plagiarism detection software fulfills two functions. The first is to enhance student learning (i.e. as a developmental tool); the second is to guard against and identify unfair practice in assessment.
Further information and guidance can be found in the University’s policy on the Use of Plagiarism section Software.
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.