When new, technology-based, services are introduced, prices for some of them drop over time, but for others not. Name 4 services for each category.
Explain, why the prices for the services in the one category dropped, but for the services in the other category not.
1. In the 1980s, two VCR (Video Cassette Recording) formats were competing for dominance in terms of market share. The loosing format was…
1. The telecommunications company AT&T (American Telephone & Telegraph Co.) used in early 20th century advertising the concept…
“A Media Highway”
“A Telephone Network”
“A Highway of Communication”
“A Telegraph Network”
“A Telecommunications Highway”
1. Early HDTV in Japan, early Videoconferencing and Pay TV in the 1950s (Zenith) are all examples for latter successful media technology/services. But at this early moment of introduction, they all…
were only cyclical technologies
replaced only older technologies
piggybacked entirely on existing infrastructure
were only fashion trends
1. Which of the following are forms of New Media?
All of the above
1. Of the 30.000 new consumer products launched each year, over…
70% of them fail
50% of them fail
10% of them fail
90% of them fail
30% of them fail
1. Provide a description of at least 6 of the characteristics of New Media, referring to the most common definition (as used in your classroom lectures)
1. The point at which Radio entered half of the US households, was equal to 1.8 … household incomes.
1. Which of the following elements is NOT included in the Purchase Funnel?
1. Which of the following recorded media carriers were NOT specifically intended to be used for audio formats?
none of the above
1. What does NOT describe the Internet?
no other form of mass media has allowed such widespread participation before
allows users to “become the media” by creating their own web site
responsible for a change in the way different media are made and distributed
it is only important for business-related purposes
central hub for a number of digital media
1. New/Existing Technologies can be used with New/Enhanced Applications. There are 4 possible ways of combining them. Name them all.
Then, provide 8 examples for the possible Technology/Application pairs. You must provide between 1 and 3 examples for each pair.
1. Everett Rogers categorized Adopters of New Media into 5 groups. Name them all.
Then, give an example for a typical member of each group.
1. Which statement(s) about 1) the replacement cycles for electronic products AND about 2) the number of years, that media products need to reach 50 % penetration of U.S. households, are correct?
the time span for the first became longer, but for the second one became shorter
both became longer over time
both became shorter over time
both did not change over time
the time span for the first became shorter, but for the second one became longer
1. Which of the technologies listed below were Media Failures?
Black & White TV
1. A New Media tool that was given to the audience, was…
all of the above
1. The Game Consoles Industry is a huge growth area, …
and generates more money than Hollywood
none of the above
but generates only money in collaboration with Hollywood (crossover)
and generates more or less as much money as Hollywood
but generates less money than Hollywood
1. Which statements listed below can be applied to MP3 format?
it is only used by teenagers
it is a way of exchanging music files via the Internet
it was invented in the 19th century
it became unpopular because of the success of the file sharing platform Napster
it has not at all impacted the way how music is distributed
1. In the history of media, we can differ between analogue media and the evolution of computing, ranging from the early 19th century to the early 20th century.
Name 4 technical inventions for analogue media (including the decade of invention), and at least 2 outputs (mass dissemination of information) being produced by analogue media. 4 + 4 + 2 points
Then, name 4 steps in the evolution of computing (including the name of the involved scientist OR the decade, when this discovery/innovation took place), and at least 2 inputs (processing of mass information), being required for computing devices
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.