“Read Chapter 15 and answer the following questions:
1. Describe several characteristics of infants that make them different from other children.
2. What is the feeding challenge in meeting the nutritional needs of an infant?
3. Define low-birthweight (LBW) infant.
4. List nine (9) problems associated with low birth weight.
5. List five (5) reasons a mother may choose formula feeding instead of breast feeding.
6. List four (4) steps to safe handling of breast milk.
7. What two (2) factors determine safe preparation of formula? Briefly describe each factor.
8. Define aseptic procedure.
9. Define distention and tell what causes distention.
10. Define regurgitation, electrolytes, and developmental or physiological readiness.
11. Why should a bottle NEVER be propped and a baby left unattended while feeding?
12. When might an infant need supplemental water?
13. When should solid food be introduced to an infant? What is meant by the infant being developmentally ready?
14. Define palmar grasp and pincer grip.
15. List ten (10) common feeding concerns. Pick ONE and explain why that is a concern.
Read Chapter 16 and answer the following questions:
1. Describe toddlers and preschoolers.
2. Define neophobic.
3. List three (3) things a teacher is responsible for when feeding a toddler. List two (2) things for which the child is responsible.
4. Why should you NOT try to force a toddler to eat or be overly concerned if children are suddenly eating less?
5. Explain the results of spacing meals too far apart and too close together.
6. List a good eating pattern for toddlers.
7. Name several healthy snack choices for toddlers and young children.
8. List several suggestions for making eating time comfortable, pleasant and safe.
9. What changes about eating habits when a toddler develops into a preschooler?
10. Define Down syndrome and Prader-Willi syndrome.
11. How can parents and teachers promote good eating habits for preschoolers?
12. When and where should rewards be offered?
13. Why should children not be encouraged to have a clean plate?
14. List five (5) health conditions related to dietary patterns.
15. What is the Physical Activity Pyramid and for what is it designed?
16. List eight (8) common feeding concerns during toddler and preschool years. Pick one and explainit thoroughly.
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.