For this assessment, you will need to respond to the following task. This task will need to be completed and submitted in a professional, word processed format. Each numbered statement is expected to be a Brief Submission. It is recommended that you discuss ideas with your fellow colleagues to ensure your actions are responsive to the assessment method.
Task – Create an Operational Plan
An Operational plan is the strategic or pragmatic part of a business plan. It specifically details how to go about accomplishing the goals of a strategic business plan.
Create a Report of up to 2,000 words. To get a satisfactory grade (S) – your Report MUST be a professionally formatted single document. It MUST to be a professionally formatted “Report” that could be used! It MUST contain a TITLE and have NORMAL size and style font, have page numbers and must NOT contain blank pages! References are not required but the words have to be yours, DO NOT PLAGIARIZE, don’t just copy and paste words from the internet.
IMPORTANT: the report MUST have a cover page and be uploaded as a FDF file. You MUST press the submit button for the assessment to be available for marking
Team-work or group-work is NOT permitted for this assessment (this is to ensure authenticity of the work, that the learners has actually done it themselves and not relied on others). Plagiarism is NOT permitted and will NOT be tolerated. Plagiarism will result in a NYS (Not Yet Satisfactory) mark and a written warning (see student handbook which is available on the Home Page for further details).
If you are unsure of the requirements of a question, activity or project – please contact your trainer for clarification. Reasonable adjustment options are available however this must be arranged with your trainer prior to assessment. If you have existing relevant work experience or completed existing previous studies that show competency in this unit, you may apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL). If you wish to apply for RPL, upload supporting documents and evidence to the evidence of prior learning folder (which can be found in: Profile | Learning Plan | Evidence of prior learning) and then notify your trainer/assessor.
You can access relevant legislation, regulations, standards and codes, workplace documentation and resources either online or in the Learning Resources Folder. The assessment must be uploaded to this platform in a PDF file with a maximum size of 5 Mb. The assessment project must be professionally formatted
The business idea is as follows;
• You want to start up a tour business that caters for MAMILs
• The idea is that, for a fee, you will arrange cycling tours in desirable (bucket list) locations, e.g.
• Tour of Tasmania in warmer months
• In the more temperate months offer tours of wine regions such as Barossa and Clair Valleys in SA, or Margaret River Region in WA or Hunter Valley and surrounds in NSW
• Tropical tours in the colder months e.g. the Daintree and Port Douglas region, etc.
• The tours will accommodate approx. 20-30 cyclists at a time and will be fully supported by your team of tour coordinators and tour support teams.
• You will market to MAMILs in your own capital city
• You will equip a 6 Metre (20ft) shipping container to safely and securely transport their bicycles and equipment to the starting point for each tour and return everything to a central point back in their capital city at the end of the tour.
• It is the responsibility of each MAMIL to drop off and pick up their gear at the central point in your capital city.
• The duration of the tours will range from 7-14 days
• Preliminary research on your part indicates that MAMILs would be prepared to pay in the range of $3-5K each for a tour.
• The model that your tours will follow is;
• The MAMILs pay their own travel costs to get to the start point of the tour and their return home at the completion of the tour.
• Your tour team will provide a support vehicle to travel with the herd each day of the tour.
• The tours will range from budget tours where the herd will stay overnight in camping and caravan parks along the way, through to more up-market tours where they will stay in hotel and or B&B style accommodation.
• For the budget tours, you propose that your support vehicle provides a BBQ breakfast and evening meal at the camps.
The way you want to set up this new business is to develop a single but successful operation that services MAMILs in your Capital City. When you have, the model running successfully you plan to franchise operations nationally and potentially internationally. Your goal is that in five years’ time you will be managing a group of franchises and have both a good income as well as a good work/life balance.
What to include in your Operational Plan – Instructions
1. Conduct a SWOT analysis on this proposal
2. Following the SWOT analysis make a determination on the viability of the proposed business. Consideration for your risk management and decide on a “Go” or “No-go” for developing this business
3. Assuming a “Go”, now your team is to agree on a business name
4. Now develop a Mission Statement for the business
5. What is the Vision Statement and develop a draft Values Statement?
6. Now consider the operations and develop a preliminary Organisation Chart, indicating the functional units of the business
7. Select one functional Unit and develop a draft Management Plan that describes how the Unit will be managed.
8. List 2 Key Result Areas (KRAs) for the Unit/Team
9. Develop a draft Operational Plan that will achieve these 2 KRAs. Do not try and develop Operational procedures at this time because it is a very big job, however, make a list of the operations within the Unit that could require clear operating procedures
10. List resources that you will require the implement your Operational Plan including human resources
11. Identify any resources that you do not currently have but will be needed to achieve your goal
12. Outline a strategy for obtaining any identified additional resources including approvals.
13. Identify key milestones in the implementation of your Operational Plan
14. Develop a checklist for monitoring the progress and effectiveness of your Operational Plan. Consider some monitoring factors such as;
15. Outline the features how you could effectively monitor and review the implementation of your Operational Plan.
16. Develop a list of contingency plans for the operations
17. Develop a plan to protect intellectual property
This exercise is about you demonstrating that you are able to; research, analyse and document resource requirements and develop an operational plan; use key performance indicators to measure organisational performance; ensure that employees are recruited and/or inducted within the organisation’s human resources management policies, practices and procedures; Recognise and incorporate requirements for intellectual property rights and responsibilities in recruitment and acquisition of resources and services.
In order to satisfactorily (S) pass this assessment, an assessor will check to ensure that ALL of the following points form part of your written report presentation. As such, in the report you MUST: in your own words:
• Clearly define the purpose and objective of this specific operational plan. Explain what it is you are aiming to accomplish and how you aim to ensure it is successful.
• Clearly list both physical and human resources that are needed and how you have derived at the answer
• Develop clear milestones or objectives for each activity in the plan
• Include a reasonable contingency plan
• Recognise and incorporate requirements for protecting intellectual property rights
• Describe if and what approvals might be needed and what parties they should be sought from
• The cover-sheet MUST be filled in a have your SIGNATURE (use an app)
• Upload the complete Report in PDF format
• And you must produce a professional document and incorporate appropriate vocabulary and grammatical structure (e.g. the document MUST have a title, paragraphs must have the same style throughout and normal size font, it must not have blank pages, it must be in portrait orientation, it must have page numbers, it must not have blank carriage returns, it must have normal margins, it must be in A4 and it must look good)
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.