Explain the key features distinguishing personnel and Human Resource Management
Explain the differences in ‘best practice/universalist’, and ‘contingency’ approaches to HRM and explain the implications in their use
List the key factors shaping the development and adoption of HRM within organisations
Explain the importance of strategic fit between HR and other organisational practices and goals
Undertake evaluations of organisational and HRM effectiveness
Explain the key issues and management options in talent recruitment and retention, re-profiling and workforce planning.
You are asked to produce an essay of 1,800 words using information gathered from an interview you have conducted with a human resource manager.
After interviewing a human resource manager with responsibility for HR issues (or a senior manager in an organisation who does not have HR staff), provide an essay that summarises the key business issues and people management issues faced by that organisation. Are the external environment, business issues and people management issues that you identify related? If so, how?
Your essay will be assessed on your ability to:
1. discuss the external environment faced by the organisation
2. explain the implications of the external environment for the internal operation of the organisation
3. explain the HR issues of the organisation
4. explore the plausible connections between the business and HR issues of the business
5. express ideas clearly and coherently in a written report.
Interview a human resource manager (or a senior manager in an organisation if there are no HR staff) with responsibility for HR issues.
1. Identify an organisation by thinking about organisations that you know about or have worked at or friends or family have worked at. Ask around. Look in the newspapers. Do a Google search.
2. Read the document ‘Things to think about’ and plan a rough set of questions.
3. Then make contact and set up an appointment to interview the practitioner.
4. At the interview, ask for permission to to record your meeting with a recording device or your phone.
5. Write your essay using the information you have collected.
6. When writing your essay, focus your answer on the set question which is straightforward:
• Write an essay of the key business issues and people management issues faced by that organisation.
• Are the external, business issues and people management issues that you identify related? If so, how?.
Assessment Advice and Resources
• This assessment does not have a prescribed minimum number of citations. However, ideas, facts and concepts that are not your own need to be acknowledged through referencing.
• You need to demonstrate that you understand the concepts of the course as outlined in material and readings.
• Googling is not a legitimate research method.
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.