ABC Development Company has won a contract to design, build and implement an information system for a large Australian company. The Project Manager has two types of resources, Programmers and Designers, to be used in this project. The following table lists the project tasks, their duration in weeks, precedence relationships, durations and resource requirements.
Project start date is determined as Monday, April 5, 2021
• Schedule the project from the project start date
• Select the standard calendar template of 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week and 20 days/month
• Do not worry about public holidays, assume that everyone works as usual (it’s the new workplace enterprise agreement!)
• There are 8 units (people) of Programmers (P) and 7 units of Designers (D) available
• P cost $100/hour and D cost $140/hour • Precedence linking dependent tasks is the usual finish-to-start
• All activities are of fixed duration and to be scheduled as soon as practicable. Do not split tasks to reduce resources.
Submit your MS Project 2019 file
Answer the following questions in your report:
1. Provide a table outlining how you allocated the Resources (P1 to P8 and D1 to D7) across the Tasks. What is the minimum number of each resource necessary to ensure that the project is not delayed due to over allocation of resources?
2. From the Network Diagram, note the critical path in red, and list the tasks in order on the critical path. Include a copy of the Network Diagram in your report.
3. What is the finish date for the project?
4. Use the Tracking Gantt Chart to investigate the non-critical activities. The Tracking Gantt groups them and shows the slack time as a blue line at the end of a dependent series. List each of these activities that have a slack time, and indicate the slack time. This is the Free Slack Time. We are not interested in the Total Slack which attributes downstream slack to upstream tasks and can be very deceptive.
5. How much money is spent for each of the activities 1, 5, 8, 12 and 19?
6. What is the total project expenditure?
7. What are the cash flows for each of the one week starting on April 26 and July 5, 2021? 8. a) What are the peak usages of each of P and D, and b) In which weeks do these peaks occur? We want to know the maximum resources needed for each of P and D, and the exact weeks for each peak usage so that it can be correctly scheduled
PART B RISK MANAGEMENT
1. (Australian) Vaccine role out !!!
The Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrison has announced that covid19 vaccinations will begin in early March 2021 and completed by 31st October 2021.
2. Imagine you are the project manager, you are to create a project plan based on current information that is feasible and covers real-life situations
3. Also, you are doing a risk analysis. Construct a table with at least SIX (6) significant risks. Use the column headings as follows: a. (Business/Clinical etc) Function(s) b. Risk Issue (s) c. Consequence(s) d. Likelihood(s) e. Risk Treatment(s)
4. Write a few paragraphs describing the limitations of using MS Project to create a baseline project plan for this project. What advice do you have as a Project Manager in how to use MS Project2019 to manage this project?
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through PayPal. These are safe, secure, and efficient online payment methods.